Trailblazer Grant Application-Selection Process
Applications open: Friday, 12 October, 2018
Applications close: Wednesday, 30 January, 2019
Shortlisted applicants notified: Friday, 15 February, 2019
Interviews and judging: Friday, 8 March, 2019
Recipients announced: End of March, 2019
Recipient briefing session: During April, 2019
Application and Selection Process
Eligible applicants can apply through the online portal from Friday, 12 October, 2018 to Wednesday, 30 January, 2019. Applicants will be required to complete all sections and submit supporting documentation. The online application can be saved and completed in stages. Applicants will receive email confirmation upon submission. To check eligibility, see Grant Eligibility Criteria below.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified by Friday, 15 February, 2019, and will be provided with guidelines to assist in their interview preparation. Interviews will be conducted on the 8th March 2019 by a judging panel of four academic, civic and business leaders.
Brisbane Marketing will take advice from the judging panel to determine the successful applicants from those shortlisted. All applicants will receive notification of the final outcome by the end of March 2019.
To be eligible to apply for a Lord Mayor's Convention Trailblazer Grant, each applicant must (at the time of application):
- Be over 18 years of age;
- Live in a suburb, or work for an organisation, that is located within the Brisbane Regional Tourism Organisation Boundary (see FAQs for details). This criterion will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
To be eligible for a Trailblazer Grant, the international association conference proposed by each applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be run by an association
- Rotate between at least three countries;
- Attract a minimum of 200 participants and have a minimum two-day duration;
- Take place between 1 May, 2019 and 30 June, 2020; and
- Have the potential to be held in Brisbane in the next 10 years and consider when last held in Brisbane or Australia and whether already confirmed for Brisbane or Australia.
Note: If the conference does not meet all of the above criteria, please contact us for more information. Full terms and conditions of the grant can be viewed here.